Shaping our Physical Education (PE) and Sport curriculum:
We follow the National Curriculum, which enables our children to:
- Be inspired to succeed and excel in competitive sport and other physically-demanding activities. Our curriculum will provide opportunities for pupils to become physically confident in a way which supports their health and fitness. Our curriculum will provide opportunities to compete in sport and other activities build character and help to embed values such as fairness and respect.
We use concepts to give meaning to PE curriculum:
- Performance demonstrating tactical awareness
- Team work
In all subjects at Barlow Hall we use six Thinking Concepts:
- Continuity and Change over Time
- Similarities and Differences
- Analysing and Interpreting
- Cause and Effect
Our PE subject areas are:
- Outdoor Adventurous Activity
Our curriculum is designed so children are taught the knowledge then use their knowledge. We build knowledge from one year to another, moving from a basic understanding to an advanced model where understanding is applied to fluency and then a deep and automatic understanding. In our lessons we build on prior knowledge and link back and forwards to embed our knowledge. We return to key concepts so that are children know more and remember more.