On the 1st April 2017 Barlow Hall Primary School joined with Brookburn Primary School in Chorlton to form LINK Learning Trust, a Multi-Academy Trust, (MAT), which allowed both schools to retain their unique identity and be governed by their own Academy Councils. The MAT has a Trust Board, known as LINK Learning Trust Board which is responsible for the overall strategic direction of the Trust. Academy Councils represent the individual schools within the Trust. The Trust’s Scheme of Delegation outlines the responsibilities held by the Trust Board and that of the Academy Council at Barlow Hall.
Our school’s Academy Council is a voluntary group of members who are responsible, alongside LINK Learning Trust, for the strategic direction of our school. Academy Council members are responsible for some decisions about the school and its future. The Head of School is responsible for the day to day running of the school.
Academy Councils have four core functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding the headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils and the performance management of the staff.
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
Each Academy Council is made up of:
- Three Parent Councillors
- Three CommunityCouncillors
- Three staff members.
At Barlow Hall the Academy Councillors are:
- Philip Gay – Community Councillor – (Chair)
- Matthew Williams – parent (Vice-Chair)
- Jayne Kennedy -staff
- Alice Corlett – staff
- Alex Vaughan – staff
- Michael Cowell parent
- Angela Mallon – parent
- Angela Young – Community Councillor