Healthy eating at Barlow Hall
We have a healthy eating policy at Barlow Hall.
- Children learn about the effects of eating and drinking on the body and especially the brain and learning.
- Children have access to drinking water all day.
- Children are only allowed to bring fruit, breadsticks and fruit juice into school for breaktimes. Crisps, sweets, chocolate and biscuits are not allowed.
- At lunchtime our school meals are provided by Taylor Shaw which follows all the recent recommendations around nutrition for children.
- We ask that parents provide packed lunches which are nutritionally balanced. They must not contain sweets, chocolate or fizzy drinks. Crisps, due to their salt content are not recommended by the Food Standards agency.
- Of course we allow our children to have treats from time to time. We encourage parents to bring in healthy treats for celebrations, such as birthdays. We aim to provide our children with a balanced approach to eating.
- Please speak to your child’s class teacher if you have any concerns. You must inform us of any food allergies or special dietary requirements that your child has.
- A Food and Drink Policy is available on request for further details.
Payment for school meals can be made in cash or by cheque at the office, or online using Sims Agora. You will need a log-in for this system which can be obtained from the office.