Art and Design in Year 6:
Pupils should be taught to develop their techniques, including their control and their use of materials, with creativity, experimentation and an increasing awareness of different kinds of art, craft and design.
Pupils should be taught:
- to create sketch books to record their observations and use them to review and revisit ideas
- to improve their mastery of art and design techniques, including drawing, painting and sculpture with a range of materials [for example, pencil, charcoal, paint, clay]
- about great artists, architects and designers in history.
Year 6 Children can:
- I can explain why I have used different tools to create art.
- I can explain why I have chosen specific techniques to create my art.
- I can explain the style of my work and how it has been influenced by a famous artist.
- I can over print to create different patterns.
- I can use feedback to make amendments and improvement to my art.
- I can use a range of e-resources to create art.