Art and Design in Year 5:
Pupils should be taught to develop their techniques, including their control and their use of materials, with creativity, experimentation and an increasing awareness of different kinds of art, craft and design.
Pupils should be taught:
- to create sketch books to record their observations and use them to review and revisit ideas
- to improve their mastery of art and design techniques, including drawing, painting and sculpture with a range of materials [for example, pencil, charcoal, paint, clay]
- about great artists, architects and designers in history.
Year 5 Children can:
- I can identify and draw objects and use marks and lines to produce texture.
- I can successfully use shading to create mood and feeling.
- I can organise line, tone, shape and colour to represent figures and forms in movement.
- I can use shading to create mood and feeling.
- I can express emotion in my art.
- I can create an accurate print design following criteria.
- I can use images which I have created, scanned and found; altering them where necessary to create art.
- I can research the work of an artist and use their work to replicate a style.