Art and Design in Year 1 and 2:
In Year 1 and 2 in Art Pupils should be taught:
- to use a range of materials creatively to design and make products
- to use drawing, painting and sculpture to develop and share their ideas, experiences and imagination
- to develop a wide range of art and design techniques in using colour, pattern, texture, line, shape, form and space
- about the work of a range of artists, craft makers and designers, describing the differences and similarities between different practices and disciplines, and making links to their own work.
Year 2 Children can:
- I can choose and use three different grades of pencil when drawing.
- I can use charcoal, pencil and pastel to create art.
- I can use a viewfinder to focus on a specific part of an artefact before drawing it.
- I can mix paint to create all the secondary colours.
- I can create brown with paint.
- I can create tints with paint by adding white.
- I can create tones with paint by adding black.
- I can create a printed piece of art by pressing, rolling, rubbing and stamping.
- I can make a clay pot.
- I can join two clay finger pots together.
- I can use different effects within an IT paint package.
- I can suggest how artists have used colour, pattern and shape.
- I can create a piece of art in response to the work of another artist.