Art and Design in Year 1:
In Year 1 and 2 in Art Pupils should be taught:
- to use a range of materials creatively to design and make products
- to use drawing, painting and sculpture to develop and share their ideas, experiences and imagination
- to develop a wide range of art and design techniques in using colour, pattern, texture, line, shape, form and space
- about the work of a range of artists, craft makers and designers, describing the differences and similarities between different practices and disciplines, and making links to their own work.
Year 1 Children can:
- I can show how people feel in paintings and drawings.
- I can create moods in art work.
- I can use pencils to create lines of different thickness in drawings.
- I can name the primary and secondary colours.
- I can create a repeating pattern in print.
- I can cut, roll and coil materials.
- I can use IT to create a picture.
- I can describe what I can see and give an opinion about the work of an artist.
- I can ask questions about a piece of art.