Links between school and home
The links between school and home are so crucial to the children’s on-going achievement. The class handbook outlines the expectations for home learning for each class.
In working with parents we aim to
- Develop a shared understanding of our school aims, values, policies and practices.
- Encourage parent’s participation in their children’s learning at school and at home.
- Create a relationship based on shared responsibility and mutual respect.
- Involve parents fully in the target setting process.
How can I help to support my child at home?
The partnership between school and home is crucial if children are to achieve their very best.
Ways in which you can support your child are detailed in many different leaflets which are available from the school office. Please refer to the tips in your child’s homework and reading diaries.
Here are some of the things you can do:
- Familiarise yourself with your child’s year handbook which is given out every September, you can obtain additional copies from the school office.
- Make sure that your child has enough sleep, a recommended 10 to 12 hours for primary school children.
- Make sure that your child eats healthily and drinks plenty of water. Please make sure that you support the schools healthy eating policy as detailed in your child’s year handbook.
- Make sure that your child is in school on time and regularly, one of the most important factors for children’s success at school.
- Make sure that your child has appropriate PE kit in school for all PE lessons as detailed in your child’s Year Handbook.
- Help your child at home with homework and reading. Remember family trips and activities, even the most every day like shopping, are great learning opportunities for your child.
- Make sure that your child’s behaviour supports their learning and the learning of other children at Barlow Hall.
- Get to know your child’s classteacher and teaching assistants, they are committed to providing the very best education