PE and Sport at KS, Years 1 and 2
Pupils should be taught to:
- Master basic movements including running, jumping, throwing and catching, as well as developing balance, agility and co-ordination, and begin to apply these in a range of activities
- Participate in team games, developing simple tactics for attacking and defending
- Perform dances using simple movement patterns.
Year 2 children can:
- I can use hitting, kicking and/or rolling in a game.
- I can decide the best space to be in during a game.
- I can use one tactic in a game.
- I can follow rules.
- I can plan and perform a sequence of movements.
- I can improve my sequence based on feedback.
- I can think of more than one way to create a sequence which follows some ‘rules’.
- I can work on my own and with a partner.
I can change rhythm, speed, level and direction in my dance.
- I can dance with control and coordination.
- I can make a sequence by linking sections together.
- I can use dance to show a mood or feeling.
- I can copy and remember actions.
- I can talk about what is different from what I did and what someone else did.