PE and Sport at KS, Years 1 and 2
Pupils should be taught to:
- Master basic movements including running, jumping, throwing and catching, as well as developing balance, agility and co-ordination, and begin to apply these in a range of activities
- Participate in team games, developing simple tactics for attacking and defending
- Perform dances using simple movement patterns.
Year 1 children can:
- I can throw underarm.
- I can hit a ball with a bat.
- I can move and stop safely.
- I can throw and catch with both hands.
- I can throw and kick in different ways.
- I can make my body curled, tense, stretched and relaxed.
- I can control my body when travelling and balancing.
- I can copy sequences and repeat them.
- I can roll, curl, travel and balance in different ways.
- I can move to music.
- I can copy dance moves.
- I can perform my own dance moves.
- I can make up a short dance.
- I can move safely in a space.
- I can copy actions.
- I can repeat actions and skills.
- I can move with control and care.
- I can use equipment safely.